Boxing Day bargain shopping is a holiday tradition for many Canadians. It can be a ton of fun and you can score huge savings but, if you're not prepared, you might feel the heat of the crowd and miss out on door crashers.
Don't start your Boxing Day shopping without doing these six things.
1. Set a budget
It's easy to get carried away by the excitement of a deal, but start planning with a budget and a wish list of products you're looking for. Stick to your list and budget to avoid buying something you don't really need just because it seems like an amazing deal.
2. Add everything to the Flipp shopping list at least a day before
By taking your wish list and putting it into Flipp's digital shopping list, the app will do half the work for you and pull in all the deals on each item from your local retailers.
3. Determine your shopping plan
The better the deal, the more likely it is to sell out early. Plan to start at the store with the hottest sales on your list so you don't miss out.
4. Bring a friend
If you really want to be in the best position to grab all the door crasher deals on your list, partner up. You can share the shopping list in your Flipp app and check items off as you go to get real-time updates from your partner.
5. Dress in layers
It's easy to overheat when you're navigating around crowded stores so dress in layers you can remove if you're feeling too warm. If you're planning to buy clothes, fitting rooms might not be an option during the rush. Consider wearing a t-shirt or tank top and tights that you can try clothes on over top of in the aisles if push comes to shove.
6. Prepare your survival kit
On your way out the door, double check to make sure you've packed these deal-hunting essentials:
- Water and snacks to keep you hydrated and energized
- Your smartphone with the Flipp app to browse deals and check your shopping list
- A mobile power bank and charging cable for your phone so you won't risk your battery running out and being unable to check your shopping list
- Your wallet (we've all been there but this is not the day to waste time racing back home to get it)